What makes people achieve peak performance is a topic that I am always studying and researching find ways to improve my clients and my own performance! It may surprise you but lots of people ask me the question “can’t I just drink coke that will gives me energy won’t it?”
That’s a good place to start then…
Lots of people drink Coca-Cola because they think it will give them more energy and this is definitely not the case. How many people do you know drink coke? Do your kids drink it or do you drink it yourself?
Because of all the sugar in coca-cola it will give you a massive short lived sugar rush and synthetic boost of energy followed by a crash. This causes the stress response in your body everytime you drink it. In fact many other foods, drinks and substances regularly cause the stress response in your body and they will be addressed in future articles.
The stress response is the ‘Fight or Flight’ response thats hard wired into our neurology designed to protect us. Thousands of years ago in the paeleolithic era (hunter gather times) the stress response was utilised so we can could either fight off an animal that attacked us or give us the adrenaline required to run away to safety.
Today we don’t have that danger but other things trigger off the stress response and in this instance we’re talking about coke. The stress response increases and speeds up most functions in your body.
Here’s just a few of a long list of things it does:
1. Increase Cortisol Levels
2. Increase Heart Rate
3. Increased Blood Pressure
4. Increase Blood sugar levels and chronicity leads to Diabetes
5. Increase feelings of Stress, fear , anxiety, depression
6. Decreased ability to learn and concentrate
7. Poor short-term memory
8. Increased sensitivity to pain
9. Decreased Serotonin levels and increased Noradrenaline levels
10. Bone Loss and changes in connective tissues and muscle fibres.
They are just a few of the effects of the stress response on your body. So that short boost of ‘fake energy’ you get from coke is harming your body everytime you drink it. It is constantly and severely dehydrating your body, you really need to drink 3-4 litres of water per day and that will give you a big increase in your energy levels.
Interesting and Disturbing Facts about Coke
- Many police cars in USA carry a couple of gallons of coke to remove blood off the highways after road traffic accidents!
- If you put a steak in a bowl of coca-cola it will be gone in 2 days!
- Very good for cleaning toilets! Pour a can into the toilet and leave it for 1 hour and then flush and stains will have disappeared!
- Clears corrosin from car battery terminals
- Loosen rusted bolt by applying a cloth soaked in coke to the rusted bolt!
- Removes grease from clothes. Add a can of coke into the load before adding detergent and running the cycle.
If coke does this to all of the above, what is it doing to your insides?
If you still want to drink coke and allow your kids to drink it after reading this then I have to ask you, do you care about your health and the health of your children?
Please share this article with people because I’m sure lot’s of people don’t yet know this information! People generally know that coke is bad for them but do they really understand what it’s doing to their bodies?
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this article and found it useful! If you’ve any questions for me then leave a comment and I will respond promptly.
To Your Health, Wealth & Happiness,